Wednesday, June 9, 2010

i carried the watermelon


like all girls who find themselves working in the fashion industry (and like all girls named ashley for that matter) i am 100% guilty of playing dress up (and stealing clothes from my sister's closet, but thats another story).

however, unlike most girls in the fashion industry (or named ashley) i wasn't reaching for the princess dresses or my mother's pearls. i had one thing on my mind. and one thing only...

... (majestical) strappy, gold high heels.

you see, for one reason or another my 4'11", homemaker, knitting machine grandmother owned them. and for one (obviously crazy) reason or another she came to the conclusion she no longer needed them in her wardrobe. her loss, my gain.

and once again i found myself veering of the path of innocent childhood, bypassing playing princess or mom to a rowdy gang of little ones and headed right for the couch.

...and there i sat for the next one hour and forty minutes feeling just like penny. not the whole knocked up, illegal abortion'ing, full of regrets penny, but the confident, sexy, dancing penny. the penny who wore strappy, gold, high heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment