Monday, June 28, 2010

if i had a nickel....

i bought my first pair of chuck taylors as a sophomore in college.

...they had just made the turn from artsy fartsy to main stream and everyone was wearing them.

and my mom says to me, “i couldn’t pay you to wear those when you were little.”

and (i’m not going to lie) she was spot. on.

if it wasn’t a frilly dress, white tights, or black flats it wasn’t going anywhere near my wardrobe. end of story.

then one day it hit me, that ensemble wasn't so awesome. (duh.)

enter my mom’s favorite quote.

well I’m not little and here are just a few of things that I’m loving that my mom “couldn’t pay me to wear" when I was little...

ankle socks with heels



boy (inspired) clothes



straw hats


and big ol' boots



if only i had a nickel....

1 comment:

  1. Agh, I remember the fights my mom and I used to have over wearing tights under my school uniform - hated them! Now I wish I could live in them...

    ReplyDelete