Monday, February 7, 2011

he's in on it too.


no, not steve martin, but the father of this  bride.

i knew my mom would be at it with askew-ed faces and lines such as "are you sure?" , "but you have to have..." and the always well received, "you can't do that". but my dad?! the creative, laid back guy - never!

or so i thought. then one day a few weeks ago he went to bat for her team.

you see, i'm not your traditional bride. i won't be walking down the aisle in a sequined ball of tulle. i won't throw my bouquet, wear a garter, or feed the love of my life cake.  and for the love of god, i will not be piling my hair on top of my head in some twist, bun, or whatever the hell this is.

so when i showed my mom  and dad a picture of how i wanted my hair i took their response of silence as a respectful "that is so you", but when i whipped out a second picture with my dad across the room and he responded with a "oh, is that the real picture?" i knew the silence was more of a "you can't do that" than the appreciation for my individuality that i had hoped for.

hmpf.

2 comments:

  1. where's the pic of how you want your hair?! - i want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to see the hair pic too! i'm sure it's fabulous and of course, it's got to be so you! otherwise, you would look silly. my hair didn't look like that other picture, did it? on my wedding day? and i fed ryan cake... we are totally queer though!

    ReplyDelete